Ocracoke Island – home base for
Blackbeard, for a time, and the site of his politically motivated and
controversial demise. The free ferry takes you to this site with a
nice museum, old lighthouse, wildlife, and home to a sub-species of
horse (called the Ocracoke Island Pony) that I recall from my Boys
Life Magazine, when I was in boyscouts probably in the early 60s,
that featured an article on the only mounted scout troop in the U.S.
Home to a sub-species of horse (called the Ocracoke Island Pony) that I recall from my Boys Life Magazine, when I was in boyscouts probably in the early 60s, that featured an article on the only mounted scout troop in the U.S.
And of course, the beautiful stretches of sand dunes and beach with the sound of the surf roaring in the distance.
Including sites where you could've seen
Blackbeard sailing the protected bays 300 years ago.
Comments
Post a Comment