Next on my travels was Washington, DC.
I found this campground in Lake Fairfax, Maryland, a short drive from
the Metro station which took me into DC without having to fight the
traffic. I did get a bit of snow before I left, just as a reminder of
what was following me.
Part 1. What an experience, one that would
require more time than I had to get the full impact. The mall has its
monuments to great men and great deeds.
| The White House |
To see the Lincoln Memorial in person
is inspiring and quite large. To see what was included was also a
chance to reflect on the past. From the time when the country was
almost divided
to the place where Dr. King gave his “I
have a Dream” speech.
Difficult times that the USA has
endured and perhaps some assurance that these difficult times will be
overcome.
The World War II memorial is dedicated
to land, sea and air sacrifices in both the Atlantic and Pacific
theatres of that world conflict.
The Korean War memorial was a
completely different approach to sharing how the world united during
a difficult time in our past.
Are you family or friend to George, Bob? Great photos.
ReplyDelete